Friday, November 4, 2011

Home is not a house but a feeling

This week, I'm haunted by commercials with a home theme.

In a Lowe's commercial, that Hulu has decided is my new constant companion:


Home is where you are.
Home is where I want to be...
Home is not a house, but a feeling.

Advertising Discovery's "Disappeared":


You put your arms around me and I'm home.

The music that grabs my attention, and then within seconds, I'm thinking home home home home, and then looking up the song, then discovering it has very little to do with the home I'm mourning, and so much more to do with the home I have and that I'm building.

But even so, it continues, and I start listening to other songs I know about home.


 Home is where I want to be.


Every day's an endless stream of cigarettes and magazines
And each town looks the same to me, the movies and the factories
And every stranger's face I see reminds me that I long to be
Homeward bound, I wish I was homeward bound.

Which inevitably leads the REAL tear jerker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment