Thursday, November 8, 2012

Radio Silence

Two years ago today, I was sitting at desk in the office I shared with a coworker.  She'd gone home and I was attending an online course -- information modeling.  My phone rang... it was my dad.  And I answered it.  I don't know why, but instead of letting it go to voicemail, I answered it to say "I'm in class right now"... and then for some reason "is everything ok?"

"No."

Two years ago today, my step-brother died.  

I have nothing poetic to say right now.  It's just sad.  He's gone, and it sucks, and it's sad, and it's totally not fair, and it's REALLY NOT FAIR.  I feel terrible and sad and sick for him.  And for me.  And for my step-mom, and my dad.  And my step-sisters, and my nieces, and my sisters, and my mom.  It sucks for everyone.

That's all I have to say.  It sucks for everyone.



0 comments:

Post a Comment